Immigration & Visas Services
LEGAL SERVICES For US Immigration
Visa Processing Knowledge Center
Why Hire U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors?
K3 Marriage Visa or K3 Visa
Available to the spouses of US Citizens, the K3 marriage visa or k3 visa is a two year multiple entry visa that allows the foreign citizen spouse to immigrate to the USA by adjusting their status to permanent resident.
The combined USCIS and DOS processing time is typically 5 to 8 months.
The K3 marriage visa processes similarly to the K-1 Fiancee Visa. The average processing time fore the K3 visa from Thailand as of this writing is 5-8 months. The K-3 visa allows the Thai spouse unlimited and unrestricted travel back and forth between Thailand and the United States for a two year period. The K3 visa is popular with our American citizen clients who are living and working in Iraq, Kuwait and Afghanistan as it freely allows their Thai spouses to travel with them to the USA and then back to Thailand when they have R & R.
The K-3 marriage visa is also popular when American citizens want to bring their Thai spouses back to the United States as quickly as possible, as this is the fastest immigrant visa to process for the spouse of an American citizen living in Thailand.
The children of the Thai spouse can also be attached to the K-3 marriage visa application. They will be issued K-4 visa. Our firm never charges an additional fee to process visa applications for Thai children accompanying or joining a parent within one year.
Before the end of the two year period, the Thai spouse, and children if applicable, will remain in the United States and apply for an adjustment of status to permanent resident to obtain a green card.
K-3 Marriage Visa Requirements
- As the petitioner you must earn a minimum income in order to qualify to sponsor a foreigner immigrating to the USA. The minimum income required is based on family size. As an example: The minimum income required of you to support a family of two (you and your wife) living in the continental USA, not including Alaska and Hawaii based on the USCIS 2011 poverty guidelines is $18,387.00. If your wife has a child who will immigrate with her the minimum income required for a family of three is $23,162.00
- Your fiancee can not have a serious criminal convictions. If she has a criminal record an attorney will assist you in determining if she qualifies or not. The general rule is that if your wife was convicted of a crime for which the maximum penalty exceeds one year imprisonment then she is ineligible to receive a visa.
- You can not have a serious criminal convictions that include violent crimes, crimes against minors, and sex crimes. You can qualify with a criminal background that includes convictions for lesser crimes.
- You must be legally married.
- You must file a Alien Relative visa petition CR-1 or IR-1 before you can qualify to file a K-3 marriage visa petition.
Start Today – Fiancee Visa & Marriage Visa
To hire us and get started, send us an e-mailwith your fiancee or wife’s mobile phone number, one of the paralegals (Thai ladies) in our office will phone her to provide information about the visa application process, and explain to her in detail the numerous things we will be handling on her behalf.
Your fiancee or wife will be invited to make an appointment with our office to begin the visa application process.
Should you have questions you can call our office toll free, you may e-mailyour question or request a call. E-mails are answered promptly, never exceeding 24 hours.
Our Office Address:
U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors
85 Nonsi Road – Soi 8,
Yannawa, Bangkok 10120,
Tel: (662) 681-0015
New York, NY 10010
Toll Free No: 888-235-8856