U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors Thailand FAQs

"I want to check with you to see if my previous arrest in the U.S. will prevent me from sponsoring My Thai Fiancee and her child for a U.S. visa."

To: The attention of U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors,

I want to check with you to see if my previous arrest in the U.S. will prevent me from sponsoring my Thai fiancee and her child for a U.S. visa. How does the American Embassy in Thailand react to a man who has been arrested for a sexual crime that does not include any type of child abuse. How does the Thailand government react to this. My Thai fiancee and I have lived together in Thailand for one year and I have never had any problem in Thailand and have never been arrested by the Thai police for any crime. I have been told that you are the man to talk to and that you are an expert in this field.


Dear Don,

The law is very clear but the application of the law is not always consistent given that laws are enforced by human beings with feelings and prejudices. I have one question, was there any type of physical abuse or violence involved in your sexual crime. Child abuse is one very clear area where a man who commits this type of crime is ineligible to sponsor a foreign person for USA Legal Thailand law has no bearing on a visa application. If your arrest and conviction has no violence or child sexual abuse, the USCIS and American Embassy will approve you to sponsor your Thai fiancee and her child. The American Embassy will inform your Thai fiancee of your criminal background as this is a law and requirement imposed under the IMBRA.

U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors

Read All 100+ Testimonials

Start Today – US K1 Fiance Visa & CR1 Marriage Visa

To hire us and get started,e-mail with your Thai fiance or Thai wife’s mobile phone number, one of the paralegals (Thai ladies) in our office will phone her to provide information about the visa application process, and explain to her in detail the numerous things we will be handling on her behalf.

Your fiance or wife will be invited to make an appointment with our office to begin the visa application process.

Should you have questions you can call our office toll free, you may e-mail your question or request a call. E-mails are answered promptly, never exceeding 24 hours.

My thai Fiancee Office Map

Our Office Address:

U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors
85 Nonsi Road – Soi 8,
Yannawa, Bangkok 10120,
Tel: (662) 681-0015
Email: usvisabkk@gmail.com