Your firm filed a fiancee visa for me a few months ago

U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors in Bangkok, Thailand answers frequently asked complex American Visa questions

Question: Your firm filed a fiancee visa for me a few months ago but my fiancee and I have now terminated our relationship, what do we do with the pending visa application?

Answer by U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors in Bangkok Thailand: The pending fiancee visa petition needs be properly withdrawn. We will create a petition to officially withdraw the petition from USCIS. This is an important process as there are laws that limit you from filing other fiancee visa petitions in the future. The International Marriage Brokers Regulation Act limits a US citizen petitioner on the number of visas he/she can petition for. You are limited to one in a two year period and a maximum of two in your lifetime. A properly filed withdrawal will assure that you are not unfairly subject to the filing limitations.

Go Back to U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors FAQ Page

Comments are closed.