Will my fiancee be able to work once she enters the USA?

U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors in Bangkok, Thailand answers frequently asked complex American Visa questions

Question: Will my fiancee be able to work once she enters the USA?

Answer by U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors in Bangkok Thailand: Yes, but not immediately. She must first obtain a green card or employment authorization. To obtain a green card you must first marry in the USA, submit the green card application with all required supporting documents and fee, attend a biometrics appointment where your fiancee will be fingerprinted and photographed, and then both of you must attend a personal interview. After final approval the green card will be mailed to your home address within 30 days. The green card application processing times average 3-6 months. You can also apply for employment authorization at any time after your fiancee arrives in the USA. If the application is filed at the same time as the green card application the filing fee is waived. The average processing time for employment authorization is 30-45 days.

Go Back to U.S. Immigration Legal Advisors FAQ Page

Comments are closed.