How to apply for US fiancé visa in Thailand?

Applying for a US Fiance Visa in Thailand is not so tricky once you hire a thai visa lawyer. If you are looking at bringing your Thai fiancée to the US for the purpose of marriage, you may petition her through a K1 Fiancé Visa which allows her to come to the US to get married with you. Ultimately US Fiance visa in Thailand provides your fiancée a 90-day stay in which period of time you would have to get married in order to be able to adjust her immigration status to that of a K3 Marriage Visa.

How to Apply for US Fiance Visa in Thailand

You start the US Fiance Visa Application process in Thailand by filing a petition with USCIS in the U.S. It takes the USCIS 2 to3 months on average to review the petition. If everything is in order and the petition is approved, your thai fiance’s visa application is forwarded to the National Visa Center (NVC). The National Visa Center then forwards the application to the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok. This takes about 1 month. The application requires you to disclose whether or not you met your fiance through a marriage broker, but it will not disqualify your fiancé from receiving a K1 visa. This is merely to determine whether or not the marriage broker followed legal procedures. You will also have to disclose court and police records related to any convictions you may have for certain crimes, even if the records were sealed or you were told you no longer have a record. This information will be shared with your fiance at the Embassy, so make sure you don’t have any secrets!

Required Documents

After about 4 months, when the U.S. Embassy in Bangkok receives the US Fiancee Visa application they will send your Thai Fiance a list of required documents and application forms. At this point in the process there is about two months to go.

The documents required include but are not limited to your Fiance’s Passport, Birth Certificate, and Police Records from any country where your fiancé has lived. If either of you was previously married, you will have to produce a divorce decree or death certificate to show you are free to remarry. The U.S. Embassy’s job is to detect fraudulent Visa Applications. You must submit enough proof of your relationship to convince the embassy that your marriage plans are legitimate. Telephone records, pictures, emails, and instant messages can all be submitted as proof of your ongoing relationship.

An experienced and licensed US Immigration Lawyer in Thailand can offer sound legal advice apart from the knowledge of the application process. They are the specialists in US visas and USA Immigration for Thai nationals. Thus, if you’re interested in immigrating to US, we can help you. Contact us today for more information about US fiancé Visa Services in Thailand.

This entry was posted in US fiance visa Thailand and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>